Changes since 4.1.0
- Adds compatibility with Maya 2022.
- Added [Output Path] to PencilRenderElementsLine nodes.
- Improved the amount of memory used for line rendering of scenes with many objects.
- Fixed errors when outputting files in cases where PLD nodes are referenced.
- Fixed a problem where Selected Edges could not be added again if UV sets used by Selected Edges were deleted.
- Handled a problem where intersection detection processing took a long time when objects with scale 0 were input.
- Handled a problem where links were modified when applying smoothing to referenced objects.
December 7, 2021 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Changes since 4.0.4
- Adds compatibility with Maya 2020.
- Introduces the Pencil+ 4 Line renderer.
- Adds the ability to draw curves as outlines.
- Adds the ability to draw Z-depth to PencilRendererElementsLine nodes.
- Speed improvements when using 2D textures in maps.
- Fixes a problem with drawing hidden lines using line functions.
- Supports smooth conversions when a key is applied to an object's [Visibility].
- Other minor bug fixes.
March 5, 2020 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Changes since 4.0.3
- Fixed a problem where DG nodes were broken when PencilRenderSetting was used with objects that had their construction history deleted.
October 4, 2019 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Changes since 4.0.2
- Fixed a problem where the Pencil+ 4 Render Setting smooth conversion failed when the Hypershade was open.
- Fixed a problem where intermediate objects were not properly excluded by the Pencil+ 4 Render Setting smooth conversion.
- Fixed a problem where the restoration process did not work correctly when a Pencil+ 4 Render Setting smooth conversion was executed on an object that does not have a construction history.
- Shading groups are not displayed anymore in the Merge Groups addition dialog.
- Fixed a problem where Maya could crash when rendering NURBS shapes.
- Fixed a problem where output PLD files were mistaken for 3ds Max files when used in After Effects.
- Fixed a problem where an unneeded extension was included in the scene name added to Render Elements file names.
- Improved the fitting of lines drawn on NURBS shapes.
- Optimized the smooth conversion and restoration process in scenes using Selected Edges.
- "Delete Unused Pencil+ 4 Nodes" will now also delete Selected Edges nodes that do not refer to any applicable edge.
August 1, 2019 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Changes since 4.0.1
- Added compatibility with Maya 2019.
- Fixed a problem where Render Elements flags in [Output Category] did not work properly.
- Fixed a problem where the color depth dropped to 8bpc when rendering using the Pencil+ 4 render view toolbar with a renderer other than Maya Software.
*If the OpenEXRLoader plugin was previously loaded, the computations are performed with float precision.
- Fixed a problem where lines were offset when there was a large object in the scene or the near clipping plane value was large.
- Fixed a problem where the outline detection was not working properly when using [Draw Hidden Lines as Visible Lines] in Line Functions.
- Fixed a problem where lines were offset when playblasting with [Display Size] set to a value other than "From window". (Applies to Maya 2017 and up.)
- Fixed a problem where alpha channels other than those of Lines were cleared when playblasting.
- Fixed a problem where the smoothing restoration process was not performed when a Maya software rendering was cancelled.
- When smoothing, fixed a problem where smoothing was applied to unnecessary nodes.
April 24, 2019 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Changes since 4.0.0
- Supports importing and exporting [Pencil+ 4 Material] and [Pencil+ 4 Line] settings to file with [PSOFT Pencil+ 4 Bridge].
- Fixes failure in Smooth conversion when nodes have the same name.
- Fixes failure in Smooth conversion when there are intermediate objects.
- Fixes intermittent crashes when smoothing meshes with Selected Edges.
- Fixes cases where scenes were not being saved correctly when using Selected Edges.
- Modifies the labels and directions for Brush Details > Stroke > Loop Direction.
- Applies the same equation as the 3ds Max version for Gradation's Smooth interpolation.
- Fixes Gradation's Spline interpolation equation.
- Fixes Gradation control points being deleted when they had the same X coordinate.
- Fixes unintentional creation of Gradation control point .
- Fixes problems with rendering with the network rendering plugin when legacy render layers were being used.
- Fixes wrong line drawing results when there were multiple renderable render layers.
- Fixes wrong Render Area in the Render View when using a renderer other than Maya Software.
- Adjusts the delay timing of the Pencil+ 4 Line viewport settings.
- Fixes the manual not opening when the plugin module was deployed to a network drive.
- Updates the version of Qt.py.
December 13, 2018 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
Pencil+ 4.0.0 (Multi-language support)
- Added the English version of the user's manual.
October 29, 2018 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd
October 1, 2018 P SOFTHOUSE Co., Ltd